Thursday, October 30, 2008

Liver Lovers




It was the day where nothing sounds appetizing and you have no idea what your hungry for. I walked up and down the isles at Whole Foods did not find anything screams “pick me, pick me, I am soooo yummy!!”. As my husband and I continue to search for the great find of the day, he asked me if I would be up for some chicken liver. I followed the end of where his finger was pointing and there I saw some saggy plastic wrapped trays with some bloody looking organs which makes you believe it has to smell horribly too. I shook my head and said “ that looks disgusting, no thanks.”
He then described to me how he would prepare it and as he was describing it, this horrible looking thing started to sound really yummy, so we actually went home with a tray. This dish turned out to be one of my favorites of the moment. Guess all it need is a bit of convincing and imagination.

Sauté sliced apple with butter until soft and golden brown.
Sauté chicken liver with shallots with butter until brown, make sure chicken liver is not overcooked.
Stack them on top of each other, drip remaining sauce over and serve.

No comments: