Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Brownie



Brownie never was on my list of favorites when I crave for sweet delectable. After moving to our new home just few miles south of the stylish urban Santa Monica, where all the fine things in life are within walking distance, to this emerging neighborhood yet still mostly is epitome of suburbia, I had trouble finding a local bakery to satisfy my cravings. There is not much here except blasé national chains such as Pavilion, CVS, Costco. You get the picture.

Not necessary my favorable choice but Pavilion is now my most visited store. I often find myself lingering around the bakery section, carefully examining every single clear plastic box that contains baking goodies, OMG, how can anyone eat this???? I always think to myself…

One day I had a terrible craving and have decided to pick up a box of Pavilion’s own baked brownies after pondering for a long while. I went home, opened the box, poured my self a glass of milk and took a small bite of this monstrously portioned chocolate brownie, wow, I thought to myself. Moist, chocolaty, has a very nice bite but not too chewy, good consistency of batter, this is actually the best brownie I ever had! I smiled. I now understand why women my age in this neighborhood have the physique they do.

1 comment:

Franck said...

Very nice writing.
Too bad the price tag hides the actual content of the box. It's making me hungry tough...